Realty Management Associates, Inc. (RMA) is seeking a Property Administrative Assistant for the Newark, New Jersey area. The Property Administrative Assistant helps the On-site Property Manager implement and coordinate all on-site administrative activities including: filing; documenting resident account receivables; submitting monthly requests for rental assistance; monitoring monthly vacancy reports; tracking money owed for rent and unit damages; processing special claims; and supporting the accuracy of information submitted to regulatory agencies, RMA executives, and property owners.
Specific Duties Include
- Monitor the operations of all computer and communications systems for the property management office; act as liaison with residents or visitors; coordinate informational notices from and to residents; purchase supplies and equipment for the office.
- Help administer the resident selection procedure; inform residents about the terms of rental agreements and termination-of-lease procedures; meet with prospective residents and provide them with information on unit availability; keep records of prospective residents on the “wait list.”
- Using the company on-line database, keep accurate records of income and expenditures from property operations; help the On-site Property Manager prepare regular financial reports for senior-level RMA managers or owners.
- Monitor resident “move-outs;” provide residents with instructions for moving out of their units; inform the On-site Property Manager of the move and schedule a pre-move inspection.
- Assist the On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to record, distribute, and track maintenance work orders; maintain communication with contractors; coordinate resident services requests with the assigned Resident Services Coordinator.
Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED – Associates Degree in Business Administration preferred; 2 years related residential property management or business administration experience preferred.
Desirable candidates will possess an introductory knowledge of implementation and compliance requirements for federal housing programs (e.g., Low Income Housing Tax Credits; Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs; etc.).
Must pass Credit and Criminal background check
- Dental, Healthcare, Vision, 401k Plan offered
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.